Connect is a simple onboarding flow your creators use to activate their connection to you. Your platform will use Connect Links to securely launch this personalized flow from inside an authenticated session. Nerve handles the onboarding, then we redirect back to you once complete.
Connect is responsive, so you can
No problem! We'll help your US-based creators open a business account inside Connect in under a minute — no paperwork required. Nerve takes care of things so you don't have to:
- Know your customer. We verify the identity of each new accountholder.
- Debit cards. We mail debit cards to all account holders.
- Statements. We generate monthly statements for all accounts.
- Tax reporting. We generate 1099K forms for accountholders.
- Customer support. We handle banking customer support for accountholders.
- Other features. The Nerve app offer accountholders linked savings accounts with automatic savings, external transfers, card controls, ATM finder, multiuser business accounts, peer-to-peer payments, transaction and security alerts
Connect asks your creators for the
requested_permissionsyou set on their account connection. Only ask for permissions you need to use; asking for more than you need might cause creators to opt-out of connecting to you. See Account Connections for how to set requested permissions. Supported permissions:
You'll create a Connect Link for your creator using the above information, and a
return_url. The Connect Link object includes a unique
urlto initiate the Connect flow that you should redirect your user to. Only open this URL during an authenticated session in your platform's application.
Connect links can be used only once, and expire 10 minutes after creation.
Once the Connect flow is complete, Nerve will redirect your creator back to your
return_url, or if embedded will post messages to your app (see the embedded guides listed under Connect in the left navigation). You should then check the details of the account connection you've stored in your system to see the results.