Testing in Sandbox
In Sandbox, both enterprise operating accounts and customer accounts start with $5,000.00. Because of this, we limit sandbox payouts to $20.00 so you don't run out of money too quickly
ACH payments in sandbox work differently than in production.
- Every hour, on the hour,
pendingACH payouts will be moved to the
- To simulate a returned ACH, change the account number to begin with a
9. Your payout will change from
senton the hour as usual, but will update to
returnedafter 30 minutes.
Connect works differently in sandbox to help speed up testing:
- You don't have to enter the correct 2FA code to login. Just use the prefilled
- Use the prefilled "Alice Alison" information to simulate a successful identity verification and account open.
- Change the name on the prefilled "Alice Alison" info in the Nerve application to simulate a failed identity verification flow.
Any Nerve accounts you create in sandbox Connect are accessible in the Nerve app — you just have to switch it to sandbox mode. After being enabled, this mode will persist between app sessions and restarts until disabled.
To enable sandbox mode:
- On the opening screen (with the "Get Started" button), swipe the carousel to the last screen, labeled "More".
- There are 3 images shown on the More screen. The leftmost image shows two faces. Tap it 4 times in a row to toggle sandbox mode.
- After toggling sandbox mode, you'll see a notification banner at the top of the screen confirming the switch.
- Once enabled, the only visible indication that you're in sandbox mode is on the "Sign In" and "Get Started" screens, where the headline at the top of the screen is followed by "(Sandbox)".
Nerve sends emails to users in the following situations related to the enterprise platform:
- Nerve login created
- Nerve bank account opened
- Connect invite created with
- Payout issued
nerveaccount connections, this email will go to the owner(s) of the business profile.
achaccount connections, this email will go to the email address you've set on the account connection.
To help avoid confusion, Nerve does not send "Nerve Daily Summary" emails in sandbox.